Important Information of Coronavirus (COVID-19) for families and visitors
New update 23rd March 2020:
The State Government has directed all people entering South Australia to self-isolate for 14 days from their arrival.
This will apply immediately to returning SOuth Australians and other travellers, supported by border control from 4pm on Tuesday 24 March.
New update 19th March 2020:
New update 18th March 2020:
Australia Government -Travel precautions as at 5th March 2020
- If you or your family have recently visited, passed through, or had a stopover in China, Iran, Italy, Japan, South Korea or Mongolia we ask that you do not enter our village or visit our Community Centre until you have a medical clearance certificate from your GP or you have been back in Australia (symptom free) for 14 days.
- If you or your family have had contact (within the last 14 days) with someone who recently visited, passed through, or had a stopover in China, Iran, Italy, Japan, South Korea or Mongolia or with someone who exhibits symptoms of the Coronavirus, we also ask that you do not enter our Village and Community Centre until you have a medical clearance certificate from your GP or 14 days have elapsed (symptom free).
- If you or your family have not been in contact with anyone who has visited China, Iran, Italy, Japan, South Korea or Mongolia this year, but you have flu-like symptoms, in which case, as with other viruses, you should visit your GP and stay away from our Retirement Villages and community centres until the symptoms have cleared.
- Karidis Retirement Villages will continue to monitor the Coronavirus status. If it is found that one of our Residents has fallen ill to the infection we will then implement site isolation and restrict any village gatherings.
As a resident, family member or visitor, it is important that you check the latest advice being issues by government authorities before you plan to visit our Retirement Village.
Please find a letter below with important information.
Letter to Karidis Retirement Villages residents, family & friends
It is important to check for the latest updates and information. There are FAQs and information at the pages below:
New update 17th March 2020:
Karidis Retirement Village management (KRV) have implemented a number of operational changes in line with our plan to prevent the COVID-19 virus from spreading.
- Hand sanitizer pump packs will be placed in prominent entry areas of the Community Centre and Village Management offices. Do not remove this equipment.
- Automatic “hands free” Sanitizer dispensers will be installed once delivery has arrived in Australia
- The SA Health had requested to Please wash your hands regularly with water and soap for up to 20 seconds then dry them with the additional paper towels provided in all toilet and shower areas. Hand washing signs will be placed in prominent entry areas of the Community Centre and Village Management offices
- Additional cleaning practices will be implemented across the communal areas to include wipe down of door handles, balustrades and other hard surfaces where there is regular contact.
- We encourage residents to maintain at least 1.5 metres distance between yourself and anyone else while at the communal areas, and avoid any unnecessary contact, including not shaking hands at all times;
- The Government has recently advised that non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people should be cancelled. At this stage Karidis Retirement Villages have cancelled any upcoming events that would warrant cancelling under this advice. Private functions, private parties and Karidis Retirement Village Functions are managed by the Village Manager at each site. Resident Committees and Social Committees can self-manage and limit only the Committee functions within the Communal areas.